Monday, February 1, 2021

Doilies and a button ornament

I started Renulek's 2021 Spring Doily.
Too many things going, but temptation has 
overtaken me!!!  :)
I am using size 40 Yarnplayer's HDT Brilliant Sunset 
and Lizbeth Boysenberry Dk.(so far). 
I had made a mistake and only tatted 6 rings in 
the center, and thought it was correct, until...
I noticed after "completing" the second round 
that it was supposed to be 8.  Thankfully the 
fix wasn't too bad since I just untied the threads 
on both rounds and added and finished both.
I work on the Christmas doily often, but it's slow 
moving since it's like tatting 5 or 6 rounds at a 
time.  I do like it!! :)
(Those pretty earring looking gems off on 
the left are some my daughter has asked me 
to make into earrings for her).
I have the book I am tatting my Christmas 
doily from.  Here is it.

And below is the picture of the doily in the book.
Next, I just had to play with an idea in my 
mind for button tatting.  It works, but can be a bit 
tough when closing the front rings.  ;)
Front:
Tatted in size 40 Lizbeth Sea Island Citrus.
Back:

Oh, and our daughter gave me these 
from a craft pack she got.  They are 
large sequins.  Something new to tat 
around or with.  ;)
Well, that should be enough for now. 
Hope you all have a tatting filled week!! :)

 

7 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

I like the thread you’re using for the Spring doily. The button is great! Very effective.

God's Kid said...

Thank you Jane!!! :)
I have always determined that I would use the HDT threads all for me, so I take tons of time trying to decide which patterns I want for me. ;)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love the colors of thread that you're using! I'm intrigued by your button design. I tried playing with a similar idea, but made a total mess of it. Some day I will try again!

muskaan said...

Awesome button idea - encapsulating with rings!!! Makes a cute flower atop.
Looking forward to your progress on all the other projects as well 🧡

God's Kid said...

Thank you Diane and muskaan!!! :)

West Pine Creations said...

Love your button design. The sequence will be fun to work with.

God's Kid said...

Thank you West Pine Creations!!! :)