Friday, February 26, 2021

A Snowflake of my own design & Out for a walk today.....

I was inspired by the wall decoration I made and thought it would make a great new snowflake. So, I sat and tatted it. I did the outside and then decided to figure out a center since the wall decoration was tatted around an Ice Drop and I wanted just a snowflake. I then tatted a center which I kind of liked, but not well enough, so I cut it out and started over, and cut that one out because I knew it wouldn't work, and then I went simple and it looks great to me. I am thinking if any tatters like it enough and would be willing to pay for the pattern, then I will write it up and learn how to sell it. ;) I call it the Diamond Point Snowflake(the points make me think of diamonds.

Oh boy, Sarah got me out of the house and we went to Hobby Lobby. Did you know it's a VERY tempting place to go when things are on super sale??? Just look and see(and this is after what Sarah got me the other day)!! 

Ok, so the walk was around Hobby Lobby, and 3 of 
our other local stores(two to look for something, and 
the other for a few grocery items.  It's the longest walk 
had in 10 weeks.
Can't wait to see everyone from Tollway Tatters on 
Zoom tomorrow morning.
Have a fabulous tatting filled weekend everyone!!! :)


7 comments:

muskaan said...

Gorgeous snowflake!!! And I can see it joined into a large fabric with interesting negative space designs! It will look like a Jan Stawasz design!

God's Kid said...

Thank you so very, very much muskaan!!!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your snowflake is beautiful! I would definitely buy the pattern!

Jane McLellan said...

A beautiful snowflake! Have fun with your purchases.

God's Kid said...

Thank you both so much!!! :)
Well Diane, I guess that means I need to learn how to sell it online. ;) I know you can go through Etsy, but that costs, so I am searching for another option, but either way I will let you know for sure. ;)

Margarets designer cards said...

Gorgeous snowflake, love the pattern

Oh how I long to walk around the shops, looks like they wont be open until mid April at the earliest enjoy your beads.

God's Kid said...

Thank you Margaret!! :) I hope they open things soon for you! It's so hard being "stuck" at home all the time!