Saturday, February 20, 2021

Update on Tablecloth which I started my second year(2011) of tatting

Of course, when I started I had no real idea of 
what this would take to complete.  ;)
I am using an antique pattern DeWittPriscilla.  
Apparently the link no longer works so I can't share.

I am using this motif one at a time to create my own 
tablecloth design.  There are so many possibilities!!!
The "mess" in the back of the picture below is our 
daughters crafting supplies spilling over everywhere!
I am not sure how this design originated in my 
head, but it's coming out wonderfully.  I had the 
center with the half moon shapes and then moved 
to full moon(circles) and then had to figure out 
how to recreate the half moon shapes for the 
outer rows.  I think I will go back to tatting two 
more rows of full moons on each side.  As you 
can see I am working from the center out.
I am customizing this to fit our table.  And I sure 
hope it works!!  ;)
I folded what is done and it's kind of thick, and I 
am wondering how thick it will be when it's a 
finished tablecloth.  ;)
So far this is 10 years of work(mostly off then on
again).

Happy weekend and tatting everyone!! :)







 

9 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your tablecloth looks wonderful! I'm happy to see someone else's crafting "mess." It helps me justify mine! ;-)

God's Kid said...

Thank you!!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Wow, it’s spectacular already.

Ninetta said...

Wonderful work ❤❤❤

Elżusia said...

Przepiękny bieżnik Podziwiam ile pracy z nim miałas.
Pozdrawiam

Margarets designer cards said...

Your cloth will look stunning when its finished.

God's Kid said...

Thank you all very, very much!!! :)

muskaan said...

Wow, it looks magnificent !!!

God's Kid said...

Thank you muskaan!! :)