Saturday, February 20, 2016

2015 25 Motif Challenge # 20 Quad # 8

Well, continuing with the challenge from last year and almost to the finish finally!
This is Ninetta's Quad # 8  pattern here:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/ninettacaruso/10340516716/in/photostream/ 
This was a challenge for me to figure out.  After I finally realized that Ninetta
used a mock ring in the design, I noticed it is clearly written on the pattern
(yep, I don't pay enough attention!).
I did made a few mistakes(of course).  One is I added a picot somewhere which wasn't supposed to have one, and the other was I forgot one of the last joins(so it's tied together), and, I also believe I have a stitch count wrong, but it's done for now.  I think I did ok for a first try.
This is tatted in size 20  Lizbeth Western Sunset.
This is the first tatting I was able to do in 2 days.  We had a medical emergency with our 25yr. old and I have been taking care of her the full 2 days.  She is ok, so don't worry.  I believe she is very close to healed and will be heading back to college in a few days.
I hope all is going well for you!!!
Have a tat-ful day!!!  :)

8 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

I like how it came out and love this color too, nice to see it worked up in the pretty design :)

Margarets designer cards said...

Looking good love the colours
Margaret

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I really like the way the colors flow in this motif! I hope your daughter is better soon!

Ninetta said...

Thank you :-)

Jane McLellan said...

Glad that she's ok! You did well on Ninetta's pattern, it will be easier second time round.

muskaan said...

Always good to come back to tatting - a sign that all is well with our world :-)
Love the colourway - works well on this pattern too!

StringyDogs said...

I think your motif is lovely. I always mess up the first time through a pattern. I was lucky enough to find a store closing out their Clebelia and have a lot to use for first time tries on patterns.

Glad your daughter will be ok. Scary to have her in the hospital. I think Mary Konior might have made mistakes under those circumstances!

God's Kid said...

Thank you all so very much!!! :)