Monday, September 2, 2019

Working on my first tatted mat

Working on a very challenging pattern(for me!!).
I think I should be a master at "un-tatting".
First picture to show it up close, second picture is to
show size, it's on a pocket notebook which is 3in. x 5in.
Tatting in size 40 Lizbeth Falling Leaves thread.
Pattern: http://plant.mints.ne.jp/takara/tatting/Azulejo200.pdf
 I tried to tat from the computer, but I am better if 
I have it printed or written out so I can place 
something under each line a I tat, and then I used 
the computer and placed the mouse on the area 
I am working on the diagram.Think I will keep this small, 
so planning on adding 3 more to it.
It looks easy enough, but my mind seems 
to struggle a lot working it!!
For those following our house/land situation-
there is now a septic system finally installed, 
but otherwise it is still bare land.
Hope you are getting in tatting and having 
a great day!!!  :)

Saw this video a couple of times now and had 
to share.  I have enough trouble tatting while 
seeing, I can't imagine tatting all the beautiful 

6 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very pretty! You're right... we are working on similar challenges!

God's Kid said...

Thank you Diane!!! :) Oh, and I also noticed that your mat and this one are almost the same design. ;)

Jane McLellan said...

Sometimes a seemingly simple pattern is more difficult to concentrate on than a complicated one. I can’t see the untatting, so I can just admire this very pretty piece!

God's Kid said...

Thank you Jane!!! :)

muskaan said...

Very pretty and the travails are not visible 💖
Yes, that tatter is amazing !!!

God's Kid said...

Thank you muskaan!!! :) I sure am trying!!