Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Little Round Doily

Just finished the tatting part of this doily-next, sew in ends forever.
It's called Little Round Doily and is about 5 inches across(yep, little).
Pattern here(scroll down till you see it):
https://www.antiquepatternlibrary.org/pub/PDF/J-WB146.pdf
It's tatted in size 20 Lizbeth Snow White and Coral Splash.
And just to make you all laugh....
my hubby just asked me if I could tat a 12 inch doily in 3 hours.
-----ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!
Yep, just shows what he knows!!!
Happy Tatting everyone!!!  :)

10 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

Your doily is very cute and live the colors too๐Ÿ˜ƒ and your husband gave us all a little entertainment with his question. The only way to do that would be 6 inch picots ha ha ha!

Jane McLellan said...

Ooh, that’s lovely! Really pretty. It’d take you longer than that perhaps to sew in the ends, let alone tat a doily!

God's Kid said...

Thank you both very much!!! :)
Madtatter80, I like that idea of 6 inch picots!!! A tatter on facebook says use size 8 thread. ;)
Jane, yep..I delay sewing in ends cuz' I hate threading the needle so many, many times!!! ;)

picotsnkeys said...

Fun colors! I have a placemat that still needs ends sewn in. I used Knit-Cro-Sheen as that was what was available. Maybe that will be easier?

West Pine Creations said...

Lovely and my favorite colors.

God's Kid said...

Thank you both!! :)
Thank you picotsnkeys for the suggestion!! :)

muskaan said...

Lovely doily !!!
I would've crocheted a 12" doily in under 3 hours sitting right in front of my hubby and handed it to him saying it is tatted. That's how much he understands/observes and yet supports ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ

God's Kid said...

Thank you muskaan!!! :)

Margarets designer cards said...

Very pretty doily lovely colours
Ask him if he could tat it in the time

God's Kid said...

Thank you Margaret!!! :)
He said he can't tat at all so he had no real clue how long it takes he just knows that I make beautiful things. ;)