Thursday, March 16, 2017

Needing a change

Needing to tat something different and having some 
gems that I could make into Ice Drops, I decided to 
try, but I used size 40 thread and the tatting was too 
tight for the gem.
Below is the comparison.  I have had these blue gems 
for several years in a fish type bowl my daughter had 
received for a candle and she gave it to me. so I 
thought I would try. This is Diane's Ice Drop 
Tutorial pattern: 
Oh, side note, I tatted a ring at the top when I finished 
tatting the pattern.
I had to find something to put inside the tatting(of 
course!), so I went and found a left over clear rose 
bead from the large pink suncatcher I made(you  can 
see the beads clearly here and even zoom in:  
I like that you can see right through it.  :)
Well, that is all for now.
Have a wonderful tat-filled day!!!  :)


6 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'm so glad you started with blue!

Madtatter80 said...

Wow, I just made one today too, and may post it tonight, I had gems that were too big and use a button instead.

Sally Kerson said...

It looks like you are well on your way to being addicted to making these ice drops!

God's Kid said...

Thank you all!!! :)
Diane, it was what was on the shuttle, and it is what would have gone with the blue "gem" had it worked. :)
Madtatter80, I can't wait to see yours!!! :)

Ninetta said...

Lovely gems, I also like that transparent look

God's Kid said...

Thank you Ninetta!!! :)