Thursday, March 2, 2017

My Personal Challenge update

I had the top and bottom of this tatting done all last 
week, but was trying to figure out what to do for the 
center all the way around the ornament.
Well, I figured it out and today I finished(not perfect, 
but nice for me).  I thought I would show some in 
progress photos so you would have some idea of 
how I put tatting on glass ornaments.  
The first picture is the tatting joined by the center 
about 1/2 way around sitting by itself.
 This next picture shows how I slide the ornament into 
the tatting.
 Then, while carefully and quite challenging, I hold the 
ornament in my hand while finishing the tatting around it.
 And more....
 And carefully "resting the ornament"on my hand (which
 has a tendency to roll and swing off my hand), while 
tatting a ring. I finished that bare section where you 
see the red.
 And, it's on the display.
 I bit of a close-up. I made the white frilly to 
try to make it look like snow.
 Here are the first 2 on.  The first one is larger 
than this one.  And both of these are smaller than 
others I made years ago.
I have also added about another 2-4 motifs to the 
tablecloth this week so far.
Happy tatting and have a wonderful day!!!  :)

7 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Beautiful ornament! Aren't those display stands fun? I can hardly wait to see it filled!

God's Kid said...

Thank you very much Diane!! :) Yes, the display stand is fun, and I can't wait to see it filled either!

Jane McLellan said...

That's really pretty! Thanks for showing us how it was done. When I tatted covers a few years ago, I 'cheated' by joining the two halves by lacing a thread between them.

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful ornament' I like your stand it's going to be wonderful at Christmas

God's Kid said...

Thank you both!!! :)
Jane, that is the way the first one is done(and rather sloppily I must admit).

muskaan said...

I love your process pics and tips ! Must keep in mind when I get around to doing these.

God's Kid said...

Thank you muskaan!!! :) It's not easy!!