Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Working on 2 projects today

First, I want to say thanks to everyone for all the wonderful and encouraging comments! You are all so uplifting and such blessings!!! May you all be greatly blessed for your thoughtfulness! :)

This first one is the Fishermans' Net Doily which I started way back in like....March. It's from A New Twist on Tatting by Cathrine Austin. It's in size 10 thread. I was so intrigued by the look of it that I figured just rings would be no problem, but I got lost in rings and chains and set this aside(for wayyyy too long!), but I have made myself pick it up again and try to finish the second round and then go from there. Today I have made a little progress on it(the second round was a quarter of the way done so that tells you how little I have gotten done, but....the next picture with show you why).

This second one is the start of the Loop-di-Loop Tatted Doily designed by Hartmut Haas found at http://www.freepatterns.com/list.html?mode=list&offset=21&limit=21&status_id=A&criteria=doilhome . This will be for my mother-in-law for Christmas with her beaded ornament. I am not adding the beads to this, but I do plan on putting them with this thread in another project as soon as I get the 4 projects in progress done(hopefully!). :)

2 comments:

Typstatting said...

That Fishermans net doily looks interesting and the Loop-di- Loop doily is really pretty love the colours that you have chosen!!

victats@gmail.com said...

I really like the loop-di-loop design, but its one of the few things I've never finished. I had a hard time with the 2nd round- the ring counts change so make sure before do each join and close each ring that you are looking at the right line on the pattern! Looking forward to seeing the completed doily.