Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tatting helper.......

I figured if others could have leprechauns and cats helping them then I could have the newest member of my stuffed animal collection help me. He's a ty Beany Boo(an orangutan-I believe). His name is Tangerine and it says he loves trouble. I was drawn in by his eyes and just couldn't go home without buying him Saturday. I have been working on the Loop-di-Loop doily yet. Can't wait till it's done. And VicTats....I just want to thank you for your advice and to let you in on my secret for me, no tv and I use sticky notes to keep my place in my patterns ever since I have messed several up already, and they seem to be helping a lot! So maybe they will help you too. :)

I did complete the second round on the Fisherman's Net Doily. I like it, but after seeing all the work at the lace group-after this one is finished I might try it in a smaller thread for a lacier look. But for now this is ok and I can't wait to see it with the other two rounds on it(how long will that take.............?). :) Have a great day everyone!


6 comments:

Typstatting said...

Isn't he just the cutest thing and those gorgeous big eyes I am absolutely smitten!!!!!!!!!!

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Your doily is looking wonderful. What size thread are you using? When I first starting tatting, I used size 10 all the time and was quite content with it. Once I discovered smaller sizes, I didn't like the look and feel of size 10 in my own work anymore. So be warned, smaller threads can be quite addictive!

Kelly said...

I love your helper! I bet he doesn't shed onto your work or try to run away with it. The doily is coming along beautifully. Great work!

Tatskool said...

Tangerine looks like he will be a big influence....looks like he already is in fact.
Lovely tatting.

** jess! ** said...

Oh Sue!! Livi and I have not seen a Tangerine. ( I ran across this post through google... love google!) Livi has so many Beanie Boos...it's a little ridiculous! He's super cute! I'll have to look for one for Livi! :o)

God's Kid said...

Jess, I haven't seen another, but if I do I will let you know and we can get it to her. :)