Tuesday, June 15, 2010

New supplies and a lace group

On Saturday I was able to get a new color thread-Lizbeth Caribbean size 20, and some beautiful tiny purple shiny beads to go with the thread beautifully. I wanted to start a project with these today so yesterday I was emptying shuttles and tried something I have seen several times in others projects online-dimpled rings(hearts to me). I was able to get 2 done fairly well, but the third didn't close. Also, I searched online for tatting group in our area so I could see some other tatting besides what I see here online(which has been awesome and inspiring!). I found a lace group including tatters which just happened to meet last night. They invited me and had me bring some of my tatting for them to see. I got rave reviews(which stunned me considering the beautiful work of the experienced tatters I met there). The lady who sat next to me was tatting a bookmark for their exchange in size 80 and she sure is quick!(she finished it before the end).
They invited me back and are hoping to see more tatting and would like me to become a member of the group. They had even asked me if I would be able to go to a fiber festival and teach which I didn't feel qualified to do, but they said I could just sit and tat and show what I do-maybe in the future. It was a good time and when I got home I wanted to start tatting right away, but I had to wait till today with daylight. Have a good day all! :)

3 comments:

Paula C. said...

Nice thread and bead combo! Glad you found a local group. It is so motivating to have people to share with in real life!!!

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

I'm so excited and happy for you that you've found a lace group to join. That is something I've dearly missed since we moved six years ago. My efforts to build a group by teaching have failed. They keep moving away! Have fun!

Typstatting said...

It is always nice to have a group of ladies who share the same interests. Love the colour and bead combo!