Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Something new.....

Our youngest, Sarah, is turning 20 July 6th. She is volunteering at a camp in the kitchen for a month and will miss her birthday with us(for the 2nd year). I want to make it somewhat special if possible so I found this heart pattern by Teri Dusenbury wonderfully named Sarah's Heart. I wasn't sure if I could do it with the split rings, but they went much quicker than I expected and I have the center done. I can't wait to have the whole heart done. I am using the Lizbeth Caribbean thread size 20 with the tiny purple beads I found.

4 comments:

Agnieszka Winnicka said...

Beautiful color.

Suztats said...

Very pretty! And I really like the thread colour you're using.

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

How did you ever manage to balance the flow of colors so perfectly? BTW, your split rings look great, too.

God's Kid said...

Eliz(tatknot): How did you ever manage to balance the flow of colors so perfectly? BTW, your split rings look great, too.
I used the Lizbeth Caribbean variegated thread and it just turned out that way. :)
Thanks for the compliment!