Friday, January 28, 2022

Finally back to the Christmas doily

 I started this doily too long ago and the last
update was in April of last year. Here is the 
info about it:
https://hiskid66.blogspot.com/2021/02/doilies-and-button-ornament.html

I am back to it and have struggled terribly. 
I am not sure if it's me or the design.
This final row seems too tight, but I am 
trying to finish and see.

When I stopped tatting it last there were only 4 or 5 
repeats done.  I now have 15 done.  LOTS of missed 
joins and I am not sure if I am too worried about them 
ever being joined.
After this struggle is finished I will need to take a fun 
break and tat something else, then my plan is to complete 
the row #13 on my unfinished Renulek Spring Doily-
my other stress piece!
Have a great tatting day!!! :)


7 comments:

SWtrompeter said...

Gigantic goals! My projects that get put aside for other things more than a few weeks often end up as UFOs. Good luck with your two stress tatting projects. I hope you finish them both and can go on to other - more fun - things and leave the stress behind. The Christmas doily looks wonderful.
StephanieW

God's Kid said...

Thank you Stephanie!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Oh dear, it sounds like a struggle, but it’ll be good to get to the end so you can enjoy the whole beautiful doily.

God's Kid said...

Thank you Jane!!! :)

muskaan said...

Every step counts and soon you will have it done. You can do it trooper! 💝👍

Margarets designer cards said...

Oh dear sounds like a real pain, leave it for a while and try something else your mojo might come back for it

God's Kid said...

Thank you muskaan and Margaret!!! :)
Margaret, it's been sitting for long while so it's time to just plug through and get it done!! ;)