Saturday, August 15, 2020

Tatting along

I just finished tatting this cross. It's the 
Big Cross from Tatting Patterns & Designs 
from Gun Blomqvist and Elwy Persson.
It's tatted in size 40 Lizbeth Tropical Punch 
and Azalea Med.  The only thing is that I 
tatted it from memory and so the end chains 
are 1 picot and 5 ds short, but it's ok.
 This is the same cross finished a couple 
of days ago.  It's in size 40 Lizbeth Spring 
Fling and Raspberry Pink Med.  It has the
same "mistake" as the one above.
Both crosses were tatted to empty shuttles.
 I was tatting this motif from the pattern book in this 
post:  https://hiskid66.blogspot.com/2020/08/a-2nd-post-today.html
I don't like the way the chains look so I decided to start 
over and I messed it up, so I started over again and 
messed it up, so the crosses got tatted instead.
This is the same colors as the top cross.
 I also bought some new HDT threads from https://www.etsy.com/shop/CustomCottonEtc?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=107694530&section_id=10486821&page=1#items
This first one is size 10 Fun in the Sun.
 The one on the right is size 40 Celebrate.
 This one is size 40 Aqua Marine.
 And, we had visitors again yesterday.  Mama and 
her twins.  We apparently have 2 mamas with twins.
These are the younger twins.

 They noticed me.
 I love this picture! :)
I also had another knitting lesson.  Our daughter 
started a blanket for me years ago, and since she 
has lost her motivation to finish it, I asked her to 
help me try.  For those who know knitting, it's 300 
stitches of plain knitting in this heavy yarn. She says 
I am doing well.  I have knitted 2 or 3 rows already.
Here is a picture from before:

So, I have accomplished some things.
I hope you have a great tatting filled weekend!! :)

5 comments:

muskaan said...

You've been busy, too, with cute projects!
Can't see any mess-ups.
Lovely photos of the deer.
Good to learn a new craft, especially if you get something useful out of it ;-D And it will be good practice for future stitch combinations.

God's Kid said...

Thank you muskaan!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Good way to empty shuttles! 300 stitches is a bit daunting, good luck with that! Pretty threads.

Margarets designer cards said...

Your have been busy, Love the crosses,
Beautiful photos of the Deer
Its nice to learn a new craft, look forward t o seeing more knitting

God's Kid said...

Thank you both!! :)
Jane, that is what I am being told by knitters, but we checked and most afghans were 150 stitches so since I want a full wrap around blanket we doubled it. ;) Our daughter has done so well with all that you see knitted in the picture already and it hasn't been touched in years, so I figure I need to learn so I can try and have it done this winter. ;)