Monday, August 31, 2020

Random Tatting Doily Done

Well, after the frustrations of cutting off 3 tries on 
the last round I decided to try and draw around the 
doily to see if I could come up with something that 
wouldn't have to be cut off.  It took a couple of tries, 
but throwing away paper or erasing lines is easier 
and less wasteful than cutting rounds even 3 inches 
long!  ;)
I drew this round and loved it!  Tatted it and decided 
this doily is done.  It's only 5 inches across in size 40 
and you can see by the regular sized clover shuttle that 
it's a small doily.  ;)
****For those interested, the stitch counts for this 
doily are all 4s.  My daughter says I should call it
"May the 4's be with you".  ;)
 Then Saturday night I went to bed, but woke back up 
at 1am and was up until 4am.  I sat and watched 
Christmas movies and then had an urge to tat something.
So, I found my HDT Confetti in size 20 and a Lizbeth 
Lilac Med. also in size 20(I have very little size 20).
I started to tat the center of the doily again.
 For those who wonder how much bigger the doily 
would be in size 20 below is a picture of the 20 
under the 40-not much difference.
Anyway, the doily is done for me.
I also knitted a 2nd dishcloth and now the 
yarn is done.
Have a fabulous week of tatting!!!! :)

9 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your small doily turned out great! I love small doilies!

God's Kid said...

Thank you Diane!! :)
It's amazing what random tatting can create!! ;)

muskaan said...

Your doily and random tatting is inspiring 💕💕💕
I have my threads and shuttles on hand, now to look for time 😃😍

Ninetta said...

Lovely doily! 🥰

Jane McLellan said...

Struggling to comment, will just say love the doily!

God's Kid said...

Thank you all very much!!! :)

GraceT said...

I love both the doily and the flower centre! I hope you'll publish the patterns.

picotsnkeys said...

That's a lovely pattern. I see beads and color changes galore!

God's Kid said...

Thank you both very much!!! :)