Friday, October 30, 2015

Tatted lanyard for my husband

I have been tatting along.  Lots of things going on and keeping tatting limited, but still progressing.  My husband wanted a tatted lanyard(but NO beads).  So, after trying a couple of patterns and failing, I decided to try this.  Nice thing is that it should be durable since my husband is quite hard on things, and it holds the weight of all three crosses he wanted on it(and they are heavy).
It's tatted in size 10 Lizbeth Angel's Love and Turquoise Twist.
First picture is the whole thing.
 Next is just the lanyard.
 Next is so you can see that I used a large single ring at each end and over lapped them.
 Next is a scan of it.  :)
Have not had much chance to work on my secret tatting, but it's not a huge secret anymore since my husband walked in unannounced one day and saw it....so it's going to my mother-in-law and her husband.....and my husband has one coming next year(hopefully).
I got to work with one of my senior tatting students this week.  She is tired of making rings and joining them, so we worked on learning chains.  I don't know how much practice she is getting since she has been enduring headaches that are lasting weeks.
Well....tomorrow(Lord willing) I will be tatting and watching Christrmas movies(on Hallmark Channel) all day.  :)
Have a wonderful day and hopefully tatting time too!!!  :)

12 comments:

muskaan said...

Religiousity, patriotism, & practicality interlinked just like the rings in the pattern ! Gorgeous :-)

Madtatter80 said...

That is a lot of rings great work!

God's Kid said...

Thank you both very much!!! :)

SWtrompeter said...

The lanyard looks wonderful.

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely work, and all those rings must have taken a while to do that.
Well done lovely colours
Margaret

God's Kid said...

Thank you both!! :)
Margaret, yes..all those rings seemed to take forever, but really I think I got it done in 2 or 3 weeks with tons of interruptions and delays! :)

Bernice said...

Oh, what a lovely lanyard. I know all those split rings are very time consuming. Well done!

God's Kid said...

Thank you very much Bernice!! :) Just to let you know, those are just regular rings interjoined side by side through each other. :)

Bernice said...

OK not split rings but interlocking / interjoined, I can't do that. It's like making two lanyard's.

Jane McLellan said...

Glad you found a technique right for the job, the result is splendid!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Wonderful lanyard! It's taken you quite a while to come up with a design you like. It must feel great to have an idea come together so beautifully!

God's Kid said...

It is a lot of work Bernice!! :)
Thank you Jane and Diane!!! :)