Thursday, March 3, 2016

Supposed Squares

I had this thought in my mind and decided to see if I could tat it.
Well.....guess not exactly.
The thought was that if I tatted rings with plenty of picots to
 join them it would pull the rings into square shapes.
It kind of worked on the inside "ringsquares", but not 
as much as I had thought.  Also, the chains around the
outside were supposed to be straight and lay against the
"ringsquares" to help pull them into the squares also.
Well....nice thought.  Maybe if my rings were not
pulled closed so tightly, but I am not wanting to try 
again right now.
There is one good thing.  I had envisioned a border
for a different project which looks like the chain
border here, so I did learn a couple of things.  :)
The tatted section is only about 2 inches long.
It's tatted in size 20 Lizbeth Western Sunset.
Happy tatting today!!!  :)


muskaan said...

Very interesting experiment. The bookmark looks nice :-)
Have you considered making the chains Lock Chains - they are straight. Just a thought.

Lelia said...

It does look square / Both you and Diane have Rectangle tatting!!!!

God's Kid said...

Thank you muskaan!! :) Thanks for the tip also, if I choose to try again, I will try that!! :)
Thank you Lelia!! :) I guess it kind of looks like a ruffly square/rectangle. :)

Michelle said...

Well, it may not be what you envisioned but it's a lovely effect and may just thing someone else was looking for.

God's Kid said...

Thank you Michelle!!! :)

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

I think it's a nice effect, too.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Ooh! That's really pretty! It may not have turned out exactly as you envisioned, but I bet you learned a lot while designing this piece.

God's Kid said...

Thank you both!! :)
Diane, I did. With all the joining picots I added to try and "force" the square shapes to come out, it has made this piece very sturdy. And I get to see the ruffle window edging that I have thought about for quite some time, even though it wasn't supposed to happen on this project. :)