Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Back to work on a project which felt forgotten

Way...way...back in Oct. 2014 I posted this:  
If you look closely you can see a tatted project hiding under the garland.  I was hoping to surprise everyone, but somehow it got really set aside(but definitely not! forgotten).  
Well, it's been made a priority, and is currently back in progress.
On my sidebar of this blog I now have an accountability list(2016 tatting goals) and the first is a large snowman suncatcher.  Now, let me tell you, this is not like anything I have ever seen in tatting, but I am hoping I can make it, make it well!, and get it done this year(finally!).
Here is the project which was started and has about 1/4 of the next round done.....
This project will take quite some time, and I have several other goals in that list to try to complete also!!!
Hope you are all having a wonderful and tat-filled day!!!  :)

8 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Love the color! The pattern looks familiar, but I can't place it. How big will it be when finished?

God's Kid said...

Thank you Diane!! :)
The pattern is the one I used as the Sunflower Doily(to which I still have the little one to find and finish). I posted it here: http://hiskid66.blogspot.com/2014/01/finally-able-to-post-tatting.html
I would guess about 12-14 inches in size 10 which is what I am using and used for the Sunflower Doily. :)

Bernice said...

When I first looked at this I thought how does she get her rings so round, then I realized you had a bead in them. Now I think Wow, that's a lot of work. Looks great so far.

God's Kid said...

Thank you Bernice!!! :) As for my rings being so round....well, I give credit to Yarnplayer's video on how to put a bead in the center of a ring. I had started this so long ago and it looked great, but when I restarted I thought I remembered how to make the rings with the bead, but I sure didn't, so I "went back to school" watching Yarnplayer's video and got it right and back on track. :) Thank you so much!!! :)

Madtatter80 said...

I didn't know the bead were in this till I read the other comments, this is beautiful and much more work than at first glance love it happy new year!

God's Kid said...

Thank you Madtatter80!!! :) Happy New Year to you also!!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

I hope you achieve all your goals! This is beautiful. The colour looks so cool. Here we are in the middle of a severe heatwave, so for me cool is wonderful!

God's Kid said...

Thank you Jane!!! :)
I love the colors and didn't want just plain white for a snowman so I chose Lizbeth Ice Blue(one of my favorites!!!).
I hope your heatwave subsides soon!! :)