Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The start of a new project...

This is the start of a gift I am making for a friend who loves green.  Can't wait to see the finished project emerge, but that will take some time since I am not used to placing beads in the center of rings.  I  am using Yarnplayer's video(  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdAiMBmhPXk  ) to achieve this look.  I had to modify it a bit to put the beads in sideways so I would be able to make the joins at the top of the rings.  I think it looks pretty good for my first time.  Now if the rest of it turns out as good.  :)

5 comments:

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Looking great so far! I haven't tried tatting in the center beads yet, even after all these years. Guess it's time to start!

mica said...

I love the spring color!

Margarets designer cards said...

Looking good so far, looking forward to seeing the rest of the pattern
Margaret

Jane McLellan said...

Looking good! Yes, tatting with beads is necessarily slower, especially when you're new to it, but worth the effort.

God's Kid said...

Thank you all!! Glad you like it so far!! :)