Monday, March 25, 2013

Green project continues to grow.

Still working on my green gift!!  And my smaller secret projects too!  :)

Had this outer round finished last night and almost cried when I actual calmed down from the excitement of getting this round done, and found out that I had missed a join.  I cut out the section up to the missed picot and had to tie all the threads together and hide 4 ends and try and finish it again.  Let me just say, that I was too upset last night after cutting, that it sat all night and I worked on it today and finished that round again.  :)

6 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It does make me want to cry when I see that I've missed a join. I'm glad that you were able to fix it. It's looking beautiful!

God's Kid said...

Thanks so much Diane!!! I had thought about trying to take it out without cutting, but thought with the beads in the center that would be worse than ever to try, so I got the scissors and got it done. And worst of all was that after I cut it all out I thought that just maybe I could have only cut out a small section, but still being relatively new to all this I didn't think of it sooner. Oh well, I am still learning!!! And I am very thankful that Yarnplayer's Celery seems to blend well enough that it doesn't seem to show!!! :)

Umintsuru said...

Oh, your green doily is looking good. I like how you incorporated the beads into the centre of the ring. Elegant! It is always upsetting to cut.

Margarets designer cards said...

I am glad you were able to fix it but I know the feeling when you have to cut and fix a mistake, I felt your pain. Anyway it looks beautiful, I did not realise until I had a closer look that you had put beads in the rings. Gorgeous
Margaret

Suztats said...

It looks wonderful, and I couldn't see any 'correction'. Love the celery and the beads.

God's Kid said...

Thank you all so much for the comments!!! I am glad the correction doesn't show, and that everyone likes the beads!! :) Can't wait to get the project finished and show what it will be!! :)