Monday, October 25, 2010

Something slightly modified

I wanted to make something for a friend who plays a guitar and with all the beautiful dangles I have seen by the online tatters I thought I would try something. It's actually Jon Yusoff's Melati(without beads) modified by putting a cross in the center instead of a 6 ring motif.

It's not perfect, but I believe she will like it a lot. Now I just have to make a way to hang it, but that is going to wait till tomorrow(it's has to be finished by Wed.). :)

6 comments:

Carla said...

This looks so wonderful. You've done beautiful work here.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I think it's beautiful!

Bonnie said...

Lovely. How is tatting on a ring? I've never tried that before.

God's Kid said...

Thanks for all the wonderful comments everyone! :)
Bonnie, tatting on a ring takes a little getting used to, but I think it's not too bad. This is my second one, and I can't wait to do some of the more fanciful ones in the book by Jon Yusoff. All I can say is it's worth a try. :)

tattrldy said...

This is pretty. I like how you added the cross in the center. This would make a nice piece for a couple of ladies I know at church. Do you mind if I give it a try?

God's Kid said...

tattrldy, I have no problem with someone trying this. I didn't do great, but for a first time try I am satisfied. I will be trying more later to see if I can improve it.
If you do make some I would love to see them! :)