Saturday, August 14, 2010

Adding a scanned picture of the last ornament done

Thanks for the wonderful comments on this even though it's hard to actually see. I was playing around and thought I might be able to scan it and here is what I have. Sunshine Craft...you were wondering about the joins......they are just regular joins. this is 2 of the same motif put together back to back and the center of the motifs are on the top and bottom of the ornament. So what you are seeing around the sides is the outside edges of the motifs joined. I had forgotten to make the first join so it is actually tied together, but I joined the next 3 or 4 and then tatted the rest on the ornament(not easy!!!) and made the last few joins on the ornament to complete it. Hope that helps avoid all the squinting to see the joins. :)

3 comments:

BSOTF said...

Scan or not, it's still very lovely & puts you in the mood for Christmas!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very pretty! I have the ornaments, thread, and shuttles... why haven't I started?

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Oh what fun! I have never tatted over an ornament before. Perhaps now is a good time to start. Thank you for the inspiration.