Sunday, July 18, 2010

25 #2 Motif # 3 Simple Rose

I just did this this afternoon. It's a simple rose which I found the pattern here: http://tattingdesign.blogspot.com/2009/01/design-challenge-4.html
I love the design, but the first try was awful and very tight so I stopped, researched online more patterns with similiar design so that I could figure out how to do the joins and get it to look right(thanks to all who explain well!!). I found one where the pattern says to tat looser and use a lock join and that helped tons! This is done in Lizbeth Caribbean size 20 with tiny purple beads(which I didn't feel up to pushing them all to the ends of the picots so please forgive me). Now to flatten it since it curls into waves. :)

2 comments:

BSOTF said...

Your rosetta looks very nice. All the colors show up really great too.

Kelly said...

beautiful work!