Wednesday, July 14, 2010

25 #2 Motif # 1 Christmas ball Sun

This is the Christmas ball Sun from this site: http://www.tatting.de/dol/xmasball_red.html
It's done in Lizbeth Christmas Delight size 20

It's hard to photograph because it's clear and just rings and strings. I made a mistake by not having any knowledge of the size of the ornament(which the pattern calls for 2" diameter), yet I thought I could make it.....and I didn't do the center rings first(I will next time) because the pattern has 31 rings(total 62) in the center and my ornament only took 21 and I had the top and bottom rings done with 31 picots(still learning-I should have just set those aside and made them to coordinate, but I was lazy especially after the work those took to begin with). Either way, I think it's awesome!


3 comments:

Kelly said...

Very pretty. I hope you show us a picture of your tree this Christmas with all the lovely ornaments you've made on it!

BSOTF said...

Being clear only adds to the look of the whole effect of how wonderful of a job you done! I like it. But I'm starting to get the hint that everyone is making clear...time to get ready for the holiday season coming up. I can't wait! I love those colors on the ball too.

LilyTats said...

Hi Sue,

I have to chuckle (in a good/positive way), because the first thing I thought of when I saw your posted pieces was: Christmas in July!

It's cute, and I'm sure it takes the edge off the summer heat!!

Take care,
Lily