Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Gifted threads!!!

I had a lady who met me at a craft show many years 
ago(before the virus).  She had called me many months 
or a year later and told me she had threads she would 
like to give me.  So I had a few bags from her back then. 
Well, Monday night I got another call from her and she 
told me a lady in her crochet group had lots of thread she 
wanted to give to someone who could use it, and that she 
had more also.  Well, I met up with her on Tuesday and 
The bag in front is from the lady I "know" and the rest 
is all from the lady she knows.  All different sizes.  I was 
excited to see the Sulky thread so I can try them out!! 
There is one bag mostly size 30 so it will go to someone 
else, but my friend who crochets towel tops is receiving 
all the 10's, 5's, and 3's.
I gifted the two ladies a tatted Ice Drop each.  The happy 
and surprised faces were worth it!!

The necklace I am tatting is taking time, but making 
progress:


And, I am back working on plastic canvas name tags 
for some of my seniors(no pictures today). 
Have a wonderful day and get some tatting time in!! :)


 

7 comments:

muskaan said...

Wow, such a bounty and you get to pass it forward, too, spreading the joy!
💕

Jane McLellan said...

What a lovely gift. Good idea to pass on the threads you won't use yourself. Your necklace is looking fabulous!

picotsnkeys said...

Those will sparks lots of creativity!

God's Kid said...

Thank you Jane!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Sharing can be so much fun!

Lelia said...

Always a good time to receive new fibers to "play" with. Enjoy!!!

God's Kid said...

Thank you Lelia!! :)