Saturday, October 24, 2020

Sales and inspirations for tatting!!!

My sister gave me money for my birthday(first time 
ever).  So, I carefully decided what I would get with 
it and told her I would send her pictures.
It took a couple of months to decide, and then a trip 
to Hobby Lobby.
I got 5 new shirts which I intend(and had better do 
this time!!!)  ;)   to put tatting on each, and a couple 
of the ones I bought several years back to do the same 
with, but just left them.
Next, I also got beads & charms.  The charms are 
for earrings(our daughter's suggestion), and the 
beads are for tatted projects which have already 
been in the practice, and thought works since last 
year.
Then, I found 2 of these towering pumpkins for 70% 
off.  They were originally $20 each, but I got them 
for 6 each(there are 2 in this picture one behind the 
other), and I got a 3rd which the base broke off for 
around $4 for a breakage discount.
And.....some of my all time favorite Christmas 
shows in puzzles for 1/2 off!!!
And, this is just to show the beautiful gift 
my in-laws had made for us.
Then, we went for more bargain hunting and 
I ended up with 3 ceramic paint yourself  
turkeys which light up.  And, the autumn 
leaf chimes, and all the  beads.
The light up pumpkin in back is our daughter's.
Below is a close-up of the beads from the picture 
above.  The hot pink hearts are already sitting with 
Lizbeth Rainbow Splash thread waiting to be 
fancied up with tatting, soon!!
We also went to our local Dollar Tree store and 
got several Christmas garlands.  We have "wreath" 
frames shaped like candy canes and are planning 
on making them up like I did a few last year.
And here is a picture:

I have finished tatting 2 Christmas gifts, but 
have ends to sew in and then string them in 
a ring, so you will see tatting soon!!!  And, 
I have worked on some snowflakes which will 
be shown next week with details, and then 
hopefully at least one heart will be shown soon!
Have an awesome and blessed tatting filled 
weekend!!! :)


 

4 comments:

muskaan said...

Oooo, lovely goodies and eager to see them all come to life further, in your talented hands! That cross stitch cross is amazing. 💕💕💕💕

Jane McLellan said...

Oh wow, you made your birthday money stretch a long way! Lots of fun ahead.

Margarets designer cards said...

Well you certainly had a shopping spree, look forward to seeing what you end up with

God's Kid said...

Thank you all!!! :)