Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Pattern for Purple Bingo Chip Ice Drop


The pictures are in the order that it's tatted.

Purple Razzle Dazzle Ice Drop

*****I used size 80 thread  & bingo type chips or laser disks(large sequins)

Abbreviations:
sm. p: small picot
Lp: large picot
RW: reverse work

~Back
First Ring:  8,  sm. p,   6,   Lp,   6,  sm. p,  8 RW
All chains in this round: 10

Following Rings:  8 join to previous ring, 6 join to large picot of previous ring, 6, sm. p, 8 RW
Last Ring: 8 join to previous ring, 6 join to large picot of previous ring, 6, join to first ring, 8.
DO NOT CUT THREAD

~Front
First Ring: 5 p 5 p 5,
Second ring: 5 join to previous ring, 5, p, 5 RW
All chains in this round: 6, p, 3, p(I put 3 beads on chain thread and 1 on shuttle thread),
                                             3, p, 6, join to round 1 at base of ring,  RW
Continue tatting rings following the Second Ring directions.
Last Ring:  5 join to previous ring, 5, join to First Ring.

Please let me know how it works!  :)

5 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Thank you, Sue! If I can find my tiddly winks (I put them somewhere safe), I'll give your pattern a try today!

Jane McLellan said...

I haven't yet joined the ice drop craze, though I admire other people's ice drops! There are plenty of followers of the craze out there, so I'm sure your pattern for the pretty icedrop will come in handy.

God's Kid said...

Thank you both!! :)
I can't wait to see yours Diane!! :)
Jane, I wasn't exactly planning on joining the craze, but I needed something small and colorful to tat in-between tablecloth motifs. I still have ornaments and a 25 Motif challenge to work on also(should have used some of these-oh well). :)

muskaan said...

Love the paired rings in front !
So many variations to the basic Ice Drop :-)
Thanks for sharing the pattern

God's Kid said...

Thank you muskaan!!! :)
To tell you the truth, the double rings was a necessity cuz' single rings would not have reached all the way around at the size I had them. ;)