Monday, April 24, 2017

Heart of Te Fiti Ice Drop

When our granddaughters were invading the last 
time, we watched the new Disney movie Moana.  
It's is now a favorite and I think we have seen it 
5 times and our daughter owns it!  
Well, the younger granddaughter took my original 
Ice Drop and ran around calling it the Heart of Te Fiti 
and when she got home she lost it.  So.....
Grandma feeling like she needed a Heart of Te Fiti, 
tatted one.  The one she had was blue so it wasn't  
true to the movie, but she loved it.  I can't wait to 
see her face when she receives this green one(which 
is the color of the one in the movie).  I plan on 
putting it on a lanyard hoping it won't be easily lost!
This first picture shows the true color: Yarnplayer's 
HDT Celery(my favorite green).
This next picture shows how I tried to make the 
spiral on the front. 
 The last picture shows the flower on the back.
This is a one of a kind.  I just tatted hoping to make 
it work.  It's a little large so the glass gem slides around 
inside the tatting a bit, but I am ok with that seeing how 
it will be in the hands of an 8 yr. old.
Happy tatting and have an awesome week!!!!  :)

4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very cute! I haven't seen the movie. I guess I'll have to now!

God's Kid said...

Thank you!! :) I actually love the movie!! :)

Madtatter80 said...

Very beautiful Work love the green and movie😄💟😄

God's Kid said...

Thank you Madtatter80!!! :)