Monday, June 20, 2016

Still slowly working on the Spring doily

I finally finished round 11 Correction Round 10.  I still have ruffles, but
when laying on something flat, I kind of like them.
I am sure they will need to be blocked, but that's
ok, I only block after sewing in all ends after
completing the doily.  :)
 This second picture shows how wide it currently is
the width of a sheet of paper.  I had only 2 joining 
rings to complete and when I closed the first one,
there was a mistake, I missed the picot somehow.
So this morning I went to open the ring to fix it,
and the thread broke(size 80), so I took it apart
tied on the thread and finished the row.  I am so 
thankful!!  Now I can try to catch up!!!  
Our granddaughter invasion was a split invasion
this past week.  They came on Monday, but the 
younger left on Wednesday to go camping with her 
dad and his family, and the older stayed till Friday
and had to go with her dad for the weekend.
We had fun and lots and lots of noise!!!
Have a tatting-filled day!!!  :)

7 comments:

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Beautiful! I can't bear to face a lot of ends once the tatting is done, so I deal with the ends round by round.

Madtatter80 said...

beautiful to see and I have yet to start row 12 so your doing well as far as I am concerned ha ha ha :) glad you a a great time with grandchildren sounds like a great summer starting :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Slowly but surely, and soon you'll have it finished!

Jane McLellan said...

Looking good!! Size 80 isn't kind to mistakes, glad you could sort it out.

God's Kid said...

Thank you so much everyone!!! :)

Fox said...

So gorgeous!

I still have not received the thread, so am contemplating starting it in another... Hmmm.

God's Kid said...

Thank you so much Fox!!! :) I sure hope you get your thread soon!!!