Friday, June 24, 2016

A little more progress

Almost half way around!!!  Little bits here and there
and just maybe tomorrow to be a tatting day!  :)
 We just stopped at Hobby Lobby and I got these 2 balls
of Christmas Red size 20 thread.  Well, if you look close 
you can see that the one of the left side is smaller
than the one on the right. They are both the same size
and I have noticed this with other balls in different
colors before, but this bothers me that maybe I am
not getting the same amount-although, maybe one is
just wound tighter????  Just wondering.
These are hopefully going to help me complete
a project started a few years ago and needs to be
done!!!!!!!!!!!  
 I also got some pretty blue beads and am in the
process of trying to decide what I want to make
with them.
Have a wonderful day, and a tatting filled 
weekend(hopefully)!!!!  :)

12 comments:

Jane Eborall said...

I had two balls of black once that were different sizes. Interesting. Bet both of yours hold the same amount of thread, though. I kept meaning to check mine but never did!

Jane McLellan said...

Are they the same dye lot? Odd that they should be different sizes! Lovely colour though. I hope you get some tatting time in, your doily is looking superb.

Jen said...

It's coming along beautifully!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I've never compared balls of the same color, but I have noticed a difference in ball sizes with different colors. I do believe that different colors of dye change the thickness of the thread, which would mean that one ball could look smaller/larger than another. I would hope that in this case, you were just given some extra yardage on the larger ball!

Will you be bringing this to Tollway Tatters? I would love to see it in person!

God's Kid said...

Thank you all for your comments!! :)
Jane McLellan, they are different dye lots(I checked the number inside), but I didn't think that would cause a size difference in balls.
Diane, I would bring them, but I have already wound a Tatsy shuttle with one and have already tatted about a foot long piece already, so...no, I can't bring it in person~sorry.

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

The doily is coming along nicely. Since the threads are different dye lots, they may also have been wound on different machines. As Diane mentioned, I've noticed a definite difference in the thickness of the thread between balls of different thread colors, but not with threads of the same color.

SWtrompeter said...

I've noticed that the balls of Lizbeth 20 have seemed to get noticeably smaller over the years. I suspect they are wound tighter now - or perhaps wound differently - than they were before, but have never given it much thought. Your doily is looking wonderful.

God's Kid said...

Thank you both!!! :)

Ninetta said...

Beautiful doily, I couldn't resist and started it last night :) hope it will be pretty like yours :)

God's Kid said...

Thank you so much Ninetta!!! :)
I am sure yours will be stunning!!! :)

Bernice said...

I have had balls that were labelled wrong. Said one size but was another. This has happened to me with Lizbeth and Omega threads.

God's Kid said...

Bernice, I wondered that at first, but I am now wondering if one isn't wound tighter. :) Thanks for letting me know. :)