Monday, April 22, 2013

Just random bits....

In the middle of all my craziness lately I have not had time to show you all the goodies that have come in the last month.  My hubby got gift cards for Bass Pro Shops, so I got gift cards for Amazon.  Well, I spent them well(at least I think so).  My tatting library has grown!!  
As you can see, I have 5 new(or used) tatting books, and the goodies at the bottom I picked up at Hobby Lobby while waiting on my daughter one day(she was getting her hair done).
 The first 2 packages are buttons which caught my eye, but I still can't understand how 2 or 3 buttons for 80-90 cents is a clearance(oh well-they were too awesome to pass up).  And the doodads were so cool I just had to get them(and they are in colors instead of metals).
 Oops, when taking the picture of the books I missed one, so....I actually have 6 new books(this one was a total rip-off though.  It looked like a large thick book in the picture and they charged me $14.99 plus $3.99 shipping for a book that is clearly marked $8.96.  But, it's a nice book and the picture on the front is what I would like to tat sometime.  :)
 I started a pattern called Blue Doily because I thought the center would make an awesome suncatcher.  Here is what I have done.
 I am working with the antique triangle pattern I used wayyyyyy back, and coming up with my own design out of all those triangles.  I really like the way it's turning out!!!  It's done in size 20 Lizbeth Lilac Dk., and Snow White-which has been "hand-dyed" by me with permanent fabric markers: this is Confetti.
 Below is the picture of the antique triangle pattern.
 And, I wanted something else to take my mind away from many things I have been doing, and this beautiful butterfly did it.  My butterfly is not right, but quite cute!!  I want to do it over and hopefully get the picot sizes right so it looks like the picture.  :)


5 comments:

Lelia said...

Your tatting is AWESOME! And, you have wonderful additions to your tatting library. If ever you want to check the 'going' prices, go to bookfinder.com. Even if you aren't buying from the sellers listed, you can get an idea of prices. $3.99 for shipping is probably the book rate/media rate which most sellers charge. The cover looks awesome & I hope you can tat it one day!!!
always, L

Margarets designer cards said...

Well done on such a great spend on books and I look forward to seeing what you come up with the coloured doodads
Margaret

Fox said...

Those are going to keep you out of trouble for a while! Nice selection.
Fox : )

mica said...

The start of you Blue Doily is very nice. I love the colors you chose!

Sally Kerson said...

Such a lot in this post! The coloured doodads caught my eye - such possibilities! And also that amazing butterfly.