Friday, April 12, 2013

Interlocking SCMRs

I have long watched the awesome interlocking rings designs and even tried them a couple of times which never ended up with very good results, but I have pondered the idea of it being possible to achieve the same look with an easier(maybe) technique.  So, when I should have been busy doing something else tonight, I tried my idea and here it is.  If I had used the purple thread on the shuttle as well as on the ball, you wouldn't see those white thread pieces in the center, but I was able to get this done and I think it worked well.  I don't have much time to work more on it right now, but....probably this autumn(hopefully!!).  :)
For some reason it looks a bit sparkly here, but it's just plain Lizbeth Lilac Dk. thread so I guess the light on the scanner was a bit bright.  :)

7 comments:

Julie Romero said...

I am definitely intrigued! :-)

Fox said...

I am so jealous - it is perfect! Absolutely perfect!
Fox : 0

Michelle said...

Scmr for interlocking? Brilliant! How about a step by step picture tutorial?
I can't get over how clever this idea is!

God's Kid said...

Ummmm....me? A step, by step tutorial?? I will do my best to try and work on that around everything else in my life right now. Actually, tatting is the one thing that feels relaxing right now.
I will work on that during any "free" time and whenever I want to avoid the responsibilities of life. :)

Margarets designer cards said...

Looking good, well done
Margaret

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It looks perfect! Maybe this is the motivation I need to learn SCMRs!

God's Kid said...

Thanks Margaret!! :)
Thank you Diane!! :) They aren't as hard as I thought and I am absolutely no expert, but for some reason it kept going through my head that they should be able to be used to achieve this look.