Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A glimpse of tatting, new book, other things















I have been doing some tatting and trying to finish up some Christmas presents.  I want to show the finished projects, so today is just a glimpse.  :)

Second glimpse.  :)












My mother-in-law went to Indiana with a friend and found this book for me in a small shop.  She was so excited, but even more so when she found out that I have wanted to get this book since seeing many of the lovely projects on the blogs tatted from it.  :)




This mess in my livingroom is the start of a princess costume for my oldest granddaughter, and there is another costume soon to be in progress for the youngest granddaughter-a fairy.  I will post those on my craft blog when done, but this is just to show that my tatting will be slowing down a bit cuz' time is very limited to get these both done.  :)

2 comments:

** jess! ** said...

I love that you are talented! I have thought about making things for Livi, but I have no sewing ability.
Where is your craft blog so that I can look out for your finished costume??

God's Kid said...

Hi Jess, Thanks for the compliments!!
My craft blog is here:
http://hiskidscrafts.blogspot.com/
As for talented....maybe, just not anywhere near professional or perfect. :)
The costumes were something our 2nd daughter wanted to do for her nieces, but she really hasn't done any sewing or many crafts(she is a digital media artist-and is good), and she got these a few years ago wanting to make them, but as things go...they have sat and I decided they needed to get done and out of my way. :)
I sure hope they come out good!!