Sunday, September 30, 2012

2012 25 Motif Challenge: Motifs # 24 & 25

I was having a rough week this past week and really couldn't handle much, so I sat down and tatted....an angel.  :)  She is from the book Christmas Angels and Other Tatting Patterns by Monica Hahn, page 8 Angel #2, and she is tatted in Lizbeth size 40 Tropical Punch-she is #24.
And then I got a wonderful chance to go join an awesome group of ladies Saturday.  They are the Tollway Tatters!!  Cheryl and I were blessed to meet such wonderful ladies and enjoy a day of tatting, chatting, and learning.  And we got goodies too!!!  :)  Hope we get to go again!!
While there I was able to learn from Marilee Rockley some techniques I can use(hopefully soon!!!).  And I did get some tatting done.  This little motif called Masquerade from Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior.  Every time I have looked at this pattern all I could see was flowers and leaves, so...I tatted flowers with leaves.  :)  It's tatted in size 40 Lizbeth Fruit Fizz, and size 40 Yarnplayer's HDT Celery(which I love!!).

I will have to upload the pictures from Saturday tomorrow hopefully!!

9 comments:

Jane Eborall said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty. Wish I could've been there with you all but I guess I had my share of meeting other tatters at Tat Days. I mustn't be greedy.

God's Kid said...

Thank you so much Jane!! It would have been awesome to meet you too!! I really enjoyed learning and watching the others who have been tatting longer than me! And I even have a Pop-a-Bobbin Shuttle thanks to Sue Anna!!! She really loves these shuttles and from what I can see....she loves tatting!!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your angel is beautiful! I think I may try tatting one for my tree this year. I love Mary Konior's patterns... each and every one!

I hope to get together with you and Cheryl again. We did have a wonderful day!

Michelle said...

Next summer, I am driving to the Tollway Tatters for sure. I wish I could do it during the school year but it's a bit too far. I saw Diane's pictures and am SO envious. Plus it would be so fun to meet you all.
I'm sorry about your week, hopefully that angel will watch over this next one. I'm going to try that little flowers and leaves motif- lovely and I just got some new HDT which will be perfect for it.

God's Kid said...

Thanks so much Diane!! We would love to get together again!! :)
Michelle, it was so much fun getting to meet other tatters!! Thanks so much for the wonderful thoughts for this week! :)
About the flower motif, I had to do a little extra thinking to get it to come out the way I wanted it to so if you try to do it like I did, you have to really think it out. :)

Fox said...

Very, very pretty - both - and from my favourite books!

I am envious of the wonderful get-together you guys had. It sounds like an amazing day!
Fox : ))

Margarets designer cards said...

Your angel is beautiful, I love this pattern and she looks gorgeous in different colours.
Margaret

Jane McLellan said...

Yummy colours!

Dr. Prabhjyot Saini said...

Very pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!