Friday, July 8, 2011

2011: 25 Motif Challenge- Motif #17

I have tatting to show!!! :)
Since our move I have gotten a little tatting done. Here is Mary Konior's Asters edging from Tatting with Visual Patterns on a headband. It's tatted in Lizbeth size 40 Juicy Watermelon with red beads. The only change I made in the pattern was using extra long picots to make joins and to create ends for it.(I think it's actually prettier in real life).

Here is a view showing the stretchy headband I used.

I checked out a book at the library called Traditional Tatting Patterns edited by Rita Weiss and found a beautiful square doily I wanted to try. It's called Filigree Scroll. I only got the center done, but I was trying to loosen my stitches a bit and I don't like the result of the center so I will have to try again. I love the color choices I made though. They are both HDTs :size 40 Celery by YarnPlayer, and size 50 Fushia by LadyShuttlemaker-AWESOME colors!!!


Note: anyone looking for tablecloth patterns to tat....I found 2 in this book and they are gorgeous! :)

1 comment:

Bree at "Bree's Way" said...

What beautiful HDTs, just love love love the colors! the headband is really cute, looks just like a perfect slice of summer! I hope your move is going smooth :)