Monday, April 24, 2023

Tatting, tatting, lilacs, tatting......

Row 8 of my test tatting doily by Elaine P. Gan is 
done, but with problems which have been "fixed" 
after this picture.  And I am on row 9 now.

My daughter gave me many "stones" for Christmas 
so that I can tat around them.  This one is one of my 
favorites.  It's quartz, but it's the shape of this one 
that intrigues me.  This picture has the best chance 
to see the design.  It is somewhat beveled a straight 
light down the center and a "V" shape at the top and 
at the bottom.  The back side only has a straight line 
down the center.
Tatted with size 40 Lizbeth Coral Pink Dk. and 4mm 
crackle glass beads.

The stone below was the reason I bought this thread. 
I thought it matched somewhat, the color of the stone
(which in the picture looks to me like ground beef). I 
don't know what kind of stone this one is, but I thought 
someone would love it.  Same thread and some beads 
which look black, but in the sun have a bluish tint.

My hubby and I love lilacs, but have never had a 
bush of our own.  Last year he found 2(different 
kinds) for 1/2 off the price and we planted them 
and they survived the year(no flowers), but...it looks 
as though we may actually have lilac flowers this 
year!!!

Since my daughter and I signed up to do another 
craft show again this year(Nov.) I NEED to get a 
stock of things or just help her, but I paid for my 
own space, so I NEED to get to work!!  ;)
So, besides the stone pendants above, I tatted a 
bracelet(as you can see the pendants and bracelet 
all need finishing!!!).  This is what I hope it looks 
like when finished. I used Lizbeth size 40 Black 
and Caribbean thread.  The pattern is an alteration 
of Muskaan's 
It's not as I expected, but it's nice and I like it! :)
I hope you have a tatting filled week.  :)









 

8 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Those are some lovely stones! I'm guessing you'll have loads of ideas between now and November.

God's Kid said...

Thank you Diane!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Wow, you do a great job of tatting round the stones, they both look fantastic! Good luck building up stock, fun to try out patterns and tat what you fancy, as well as what you think will sell.

God's Kid said...

Thank you Jane!!! :) If they don't sell, I will donate them to the senior's Bingo games for prizes. ;)

muskaan said...

Your projects are lovely as always! Love the stones and your work around them! And what a pleasant surprise to see that vintage pattern being tatted/tweaked.

God's Kid said...

Thank you muskaan!!! :) That pattern didn't end up like I thought it would, but it's nice!

Margarets designer cards said...

I am sure by November you will lots of tatting for your table, I like the bracelet, and those stones are wonderful, well done on matching the thread with the stones

God's Kid said...

Thank you very much Margaret!! :)