Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Tatting and "new to me" Micro-macrame

I tatted a large Ice Drop and turned it into a 
suncatcher for me.
I love being able to see the glitter through the gem.
I tatted another Ice Drop still trying to empty shuttles.
And, another.  I now have 6 empty shuttles-Yay!!!  :D
Below is the first actual micro-macrame project I 
completed.  I used a 1mm cotton cord and found out 
it need to be a waxed cord which is much smaller, but 
I like it for a first.  ;)
And back to tatting, I am tatting a doily designed by 
Elzbieta Jurzysta.  I am hoping it will cheer a friend 
who hasn't been feeling well for about 2 months.
And below is where I am at on the doily now.
And, I am making little bits of progress on my 
Multi-Triangle Triangle.  It will be for the side of 
another shirt(similar to the pink one).  One triangle 
at a time.
And below is lesson 3 of my Micro-Macrame
learning and I completed a necklace today.
My "teacher" is  Andrea Rau.  Here is the 
link to her tutorial for this necklace:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM7sfUIQwC0
Hope you are having a great day and getting 
some tatting, and maybe some other projects 
in!! :)






 

7 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

You’ve been very productive! Ice drops are a great way to empty shuttles. I like your dream catcher version. Your micro macrame looks excellent!

God's Kid said...

Thank you so much Jane!! :) Just getting back into the swing of things. ;)

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

You have indeed been busy. I struggle to finish things with all my different interests. You are doing great at it!

muskaan said...

It's always inspiring to see your works! The micro macrame is very professional!

God's Kid said...

Thank you Eliz Davis!!! :)
I too struggle to finish things, but I do like when they are so I feel accomplished. ;)
Thank you very much muskaan!!! :) You inspire me all the time!!
Thank you very much for the comment about the micro macrame!! :)

Margarets designer cards said...

You have been very productive with your ice drops, and the doily is lovely I hope it cheered her up, I have not tried macrame something that on my list to try, I was given a kit a few christmas ago and still not tr5ied it.

God's Kid said...

Thank you very much Margaret!! :)
Still tatting that doily. ;)
Maybe this is the time to try that macrame kit. ;) I am inspired by watching the beginner youtube videos. ;)