Wednesday, November 13, 2019

In the new house, and.....

Some space to live and move, a huge relief from the 
hotel room!!!
No, not done and this isn't finished, just live-able.
 We moved as much as possible Sunday and went 
to bed at 10:30pm with no snow, but woke Monday 
 morning at 8am to 4-6 inches.
 And then woke Tuesday morning at 8am to about 
2 ft. of snow.  The buried vehicle has sat since 
Sunday night when we got here.  the vehicle behind 
has about a foot of snow because hubby got in from 
work at 3am Tues. morning.  It snowed almost all 
day, and I shoved for about an hour and a half while 
hubby slept, but he woke up and had to find a plow 
to clear the drive so he could get to work(the main 
street wasn't even plowed).  He said there was so much 
snow on the road and in the drive that the suburban 
was pushing snow like a plow(and it was stuck in the 
morning and had to get pushed out by the plow).
I tried to open the door and see how deep the snow was 
and it wouldn't go any farther than this,  and when I 
closed it, it brought snow inside.
It looked like we had a 2nd propane tank sitting 
on ours. 
And wow!  Look at all the snow on the air conditioner!! 
 That's me making my way through knee deep snow to 
try and clean off the vehicles so that we could TRY 
and move them for the plow to clear the driveway.
Hopefully soon I will have tatting to show, but first 
I NEED to make sure to find a place for most if not 
everything!!!!  ;)
Happy Tatting!!!  :)

15 comments:

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Reading this depressed me greatly. I dont want that snow here in western PA! But I'm really concerned about your shoveling all that snow. You must not overdo. I can't believe you havent had time to relax in your wonderful new home. Looks like you have a very spaciuos lot! Congrats on finally getting there!

Sally Kerson said...

Glad to hear that you have moved into your new home, but oh what weather. Hope the place is warm and that you are able to get provisions. Your house looks very isolated too, do you have neighbours to call upon for help? I should think that tatting is not such a priority at the moment.

Michelle said...

Sheesh! Welcome home!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'm so happy that you are finally in your new home! I hope you savor every moment of unpacking and finding a place for everything. What a wonderful way to start the holidays!

God's Kid said...

Thank you all!!! :)
Kathy, Don't let it depress you!! I just wanted to play in the snow not shovel, but we all must do what is necessary! ;)
Sally, there are neighbors around, and apparently someone was super kind and cleared out the snow around the mailbox so we could receive mail(my hubby found out when he got home last night). ;)
Diane, Sarah and I are already wanting to decorate even though we are not even half unpacked, but most of the decorations are still in storage(1/2 hour drive away). So, I guess that means we have to get things done here first. ;)

Lelia said...

WELCOME HOME . . . . sorry about the 2' of snow ; (
We have had snow here, too -- not THAT much. wow.
Enjoy the excitement of getting your new place in order.
I hear we should be in a more normal temperature range next week, fingers crossed.

picotsnkeys said...

I cannot even imagine dealing with that much snow! I grew up in rain. Snow makes me want to burrow in! Hope you get unpacked without getting injured.

muskaan said...

What a grand welcome 😉 Good to see you finally in your new home. Stay safe and cozy and enjoy every moment🌹🌹🌹🌹

God's Kid said...

Thank you everyone!!! :)
Lelia, what a way to start the first 2 days in a new home!! ;) We were all thankful for the snow to brighten things up after so much trouble and stress. Now we are looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas!!! :)

Melissa said...

congratulations on getting in your new place. I am sure you will make it home in no time.

God's Kid said...

Thank you Melissa!! :)

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely to see you finally got into your new home, oh dear you really had a bad welcome with all the snow. I hope by now you have been able to get rid of some of the snow and got yourself unpacked, it takes time to sort and find places for everything

God's Kid said...

Thank you Margaret!!! :)
Most of the snow is gone, but I am sure it won't be long and we will have more. ;)

Ninetta said...

That's wonderful Sue, I somehow missed this post, congratulations for your new home! Wow, can't imagine to be surrounded by all that snow, lucky you for having a warm house and kind neighbors ❄❄❄

God's Kid said...

Thank you Ninetta!!! :)