Well, I am making progress on the Blue Doily(pattern here: http://web.archive.org/web/20010418022115/http://www.geocities.com/leen_tats/BlueDoily.html ).
On the pattern Eileen says there's part of her that thinks it's just not quite finished yet, and I agree. So, I decided to try and add a few more rows. I wanted to have something similar to keep her design flowing as though she continued. I really love the first 4 rows and wanted to see if I could add the negative(open) space created by rows 2 and 3 to the outer rounds. Well, It has been a bit challenging, but not bad. I tried using the same stitch counts, but that didn't quite work, it caused lots of ruffling.
I realized that it would not be open spaces, so...I cut it all off and started over.
Then, after getting that row done resembling row 2,
I worked on the next row and got about 1/2 way around trying to make it resemble row 3, but the ruffling was really bad and the negative spaces were not right,
so I tried altering it a little and it laid flat beautifully.
So, now my negative spaces resemble the inner rounds
and I am ready to work on the next round tomorrow, hopefully!! The 3 lighter colored pictures of the transitions were due to
being out in the sunshine!!!! Hope you all got in some great tatting today!!! :) House/land updates: For those who have been following
our housing situation, the septic system was put in a few
weeks ago, the concrete slab for the house to sit on was
poured last Tuesday, the well was put in last Thursday, and
(drumroll) the house is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.
They say there is a chance that we could possibly move in
on Oct. 19(praying hard for that or earlier!!). I will let you
know when I know. ;)