Monday, September 19, 2016

A Cross

I asked someone their favorite color and she 
said black, but I like green too.  So....
She has a black and green cross.
This is Mary Konior's Small Cross from 
her Tatting with Visual Patterns book.
It's tatted in Lizbeth size 40 Black and 
Yarnplayer's HDT Celery(my favorite 
green)!!!  :)
I have worked on the Spring Doily, but 
while riding across state Saturday and 
tatting I had a small problem closing a ring.
It stopped closing so I tried to straighten out 
the curling thread, and succeed 3 times, but 
the 4th time the thread snapped, so I have to 
take time to take out the partial ring and join 
the shuttle thread back and start again.
I also worked on the Christmas Bow edging, 
but got tired quickly.
I also had an order for a green pair of my 
dreamcatcher earrings which have been 
tatted and delivered this weekend, and I 
have an order for a rainbow pair.
Happy tatting everyone!!!  :)

19 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

The green and black work so well together in this pattern! Of course you know that my choice would have been blue. ;-)

God's Kid said...

Thank you Diane!!! :) I agree with you and my preference would be blue also!!! :)

Fox said...

I like that cross pattern a lot. Looks lovely in black and green.

God's Kid said...

Thank you Fox!!! :)

Ninetta said...

Beautiful cross

Jane McLellan said...

The black outlines it so well, but the green lifts it - good combination! Good luck with sorting out the Spring doily, what a shame that's required.

JB said...

The green and black are beautiful together. I like that cross pattern too.

God's Kid said...

Thank you very much everyone!!! :)

Marilee Rockley said...

Beautiful cross! The color combo does bring out the details!
When the thread curls and kinks it really is frustrating. Sometimes the trick is to put both ends of the ring together, then pull the thread, but that doesn't always work either...sigh.

God's Kid said...

Thank you very much Marilee!! :) Actually I do put the ends together because it seems to close easier for me, but this was just one of those times.

muskaan said...

Striking !!! Love the effect & your tatting, of course :-)

God's Kid said...

Thank you very much muskaan!!! :)

Bernice said...

I like how black borders almost like stained glass. Sometimes the thread is just very twisty no matter what you do. I've broken a thread so many time when closing a ring that unfortlunately I have become an expert in retro-tatting and adding new thread.

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

A great combination here. Love it!

God's Kid said...

Thank you both!!!! :)
Well Bernice, maybe we should start a CRBT club(closing ring break thread club). :)

Sally Kerson said...

I have a love hate relationship with this tatted cross pattern, but it does look very nice in those colours. Well done on your orders

God's Kid said...

Thank you Sally!! :)

Margarets designer cards said...

That's a great cross, and I like the way you have incorporated the two colours.

God's Kid said...

Thank you Margaret!!! :)