Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Tatting toward completion.....

It's not your eyes on this first picture!  It's still purposely blurred.
Just had to try and show some progress hopefully without giving away
what it is that I am tatting.  :)  I really am hoping the big reveal will be 
worth it!!!  :)
 Next, is progress on the "hide & seek" doily.
For those who don't know, the reason it got that nick-name
is because it has to be kept hidden from the recipients(my in-laws)
who have dropped in while it was sitting out to be worked on-
it will be their Christmas present this year, and my hubby who
will want to claim it for his own. 
 It's the Hostess Set Centerpiece from Tatting Patterns from
Mary Konior.  It's being tatted in size 10 Lizbeth Turquoise Twist.
The only thing I have with this is that when I get to the clover rounds
it starts cupping badly.  After the last round of clovers I had to block 
and severely stretch, so I am anticipating the same thing after
this round.  And then I believe there are only 2 or 3 more rounds left.
I have been tempted to tat Renulek's new doily, but with these
and still trying to work on my challenge, my list, and my 
designs...I have put it aside.  Although, I have taken thread out 
twice, so I may be starting that too, which will help to hide 
Christmas presents, because my hubby my won't know about
them if he sees me working on other things.  :)
Have a fabulous day and hopefully some tatting too!!!  :)

11 comments:

muskaan said...

Aren't you a teaser ?!!!
Renulek's doily will definitely be a nice camouflage, and tatting with others will get it done pretty fast :-)

God's Kid said...

Thank you muskaan!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

It's not easy to work on projects when the recipient is nearby!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your Hide & Seek doily is looking fabulous! I like the colors in the blurred project. I wonder what's under there?

God's Kid said...

Thank you!!! :)
Jane, that is so true, and worse it my hubby always wanting to claim the doilies!! :)
Diane, I am trying hard to get the blurred project done, but it's taking time. :)

Margarets designer cards said...

I look forward to seeing what is under the blurred picture,
Your hide and seek is looking lovely,
Margaret

God's Kid said...

Thank you Margaret!!! :)

Bernice said...

You have really been busy tatting since I was away. Everything is looking lovely. I too want to do the Renulek 2016 doily but not until some other things get off the shuttles.

God's Kid said...

Thank you Bernice!! :)

Madtatter80 said...

Your mystery is driving me crazy :) love the beautiful delicate doily gift it is beautiful. Oh yes I wrote instructions for my mystery round and added it to the post encase you need to reference it later :) that was good suggestion thanks :)

God's Kid said...

Sorry Madtatter80! I don't mean to drive you crazy, but I will tell you that it's almost ready to post(hopefully tomorrow!). Thank you for your comment!!! :) Awesome that you wrote out the instructions for your mystery round!! I am heading to your blog to check them out!!! :)