Saturday, May 10, 2014

Tatting, tatting, and more tatting....when possible

First is this necklace I had to make to encourage a very young girl who is going through a rough time and is saying that God doesn't love her.  I don't know the situation, but I really felt this might help her remember that He does love her.  It says God loves Renae with an Everlasting Love.
The heart is a "Shrinky-Dink" printed from the computer, then cut into shape and holes punched, then put in the oven to shrink and harden.  Then tatting added in size 40 Lizbeth Rainbow Splash.
And below is the back and I glued a little glittery angel on it.
 I have been working on the 2nd of 4...18 foot beaded garlands for my friend.  Here is the link to the first finished one:   http://hiskid66.blogspot.com/2014/01/a-little-tatting-and-lot-of-snow.html
And here are many other things I have worked on, attempted, or am still working on.  :)
Don't look too close...somethings are supposed to be a surprise to show later.  Ha Ha since I know you can see it!!  :)



5 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

You have a lot of irons in the fire! Is the shrinky-dink plastic? I hope the necklace will be of comfort to the young girl.

God's Kid said...

Hi Jane, yes, the shrinky-dink is a plastic. It's lightweight even when it hardens. I have a lot of people praying for this young one and any others who might feel the same way.
Here is a link to Shrinky Dinks online: http://www.goestores.com/home.aspx?Merchant=shrinkydinks
You can see the different things you can do with them by clicking on the links on the left side. they have all kinds of things. :)

Margarets designer cards said...

How lovely to make her a necklace to show her that god cares. I hope she wears it with pride.
Margaret

Madtatter80 said...

I love the shrinky dink stuff but never thought of using it with tatting great idea and I forgot about the garlend I am sure that seen like it is endless huh! and your final tatting picture is just beautiful and fun to look at you look so organized too! love this post! Happy mothers day!

God's Kid said...

Thank you Margaret!!! :)
Thanks Madtatter80!!! I can't wait to finish all the garlands for my friend, but they do take quite some time each!!
Me? Organized??, I sure try to be, but believe me-there are times!!! :)
Thanks for the Mother's Day wish and I hope yours was great!!! :)