Wednesday, June 6, 2012

2012 25 Motif Challenge: Motif #13

Here is the first pair of socks done. The edging is Tatted Edge and the pattern is here:
They are tatted in size 40 Lizbeth Scottish Thistle. And they are ruffly. I had to make them ruffly due to the kind of socks I used which need to stretch to put them on, so I stretched them while sewing on the edging(not easy or fun, but worth it)! They are really adorable in real life and I can't wait till my granddaughter sees them!

I love the way the tatting came out, but I think I should have read the pattern better. The edging looks like the picture, but when reading the abbreviations I noticed that I was supposed to use only the first half of the double stitch and I just tatted regular double stitches, just incase someone else does the pattern.
Oh, and I couldn't get a good enough picture of these so they were scanned and this is the best I could do. :)

7 comments:

CrazyKwilter said...

They're adorable!

I also would have missed the fact it was the first half stitch only. Seems unusual, I wonder how it would look as written.

When my girls were little, my mother-in-law bought them some socks with ruffly crochet edgings and they LOVED them!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Your picture is perfectly clear! I can't imagine it could be any better!

I see by the abbreviations that 'd' does indicate the first half of ds - on EVERY stitch! I have never ever seen a pattern that is done with only the first half on every single stitch! Wouldn't that twist everything? It certainly would make the edging smaller! I'm stunned by that! Your edging looks just fine!

God's Kid said...

I thought that just doing the first half of the double stitch would cause the tatting to twist too. So, I am glad that I didn't pay too close attention for right now. :)

Ladytats said...

well, that would be interesting to do only the 1st half. I like your edging just as it is. looks very pretty.

Pop Lenuta Maria said...

So beautiful. I love the colour.

Fox said...

You did a superb job! You are going to be very busy with the requests for more! Congrats!
Fox : )

God's Kid said...

Thank you everyone!!
And Fox, see what you inspire? :D