Here is the first pair of socks done. The edging is Tatted Edge and the pattern is here:
They are tatted in size 40 Lizbeth Scottish Thistle. And they are ruffly. I had to make them ruffly due to the kind of socks I used which need to stretch to put them on, so I stretched them while sewing on the edging(not easy or fun, but worth it)! They are really adorable in real life and I can't wait till my granddaughter sees them!
I love the way the tatting came out, but I think I should have read the pattern better. The edging looks like the picture, but when reading the abbreviations I noticed that I was supposed to use only the first half of the double stitch and I just tatted regular double stitches, just incase someone else does the pattern.
Oh, and I couldn't get a good enough picture of these so they were scanned and this is the best I could do. :)