Sunday, September 5, 2010

25 #2 Motif # 11 Tatted ornament cover

First of all, with all the tiny Hearts on a paperclip that I have been working on I need changes of pace so.....I started this beautiful doily from: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiiiUlf3qk2eIg98RKW0efJBae56db_v2Ca3iadPeBjaL4_z4BEGJLlzMn4LvUrZ1H637YIeFQpk8kvEII4FvwKjgqO-6xpKA35IT3jYCH-EzioHTTAVhqv9sGWbWITh5vQUzcepsnKXIvU/s1600-h/ArlenesFirstPlaceWin.jpg
My daughter picked which colors I would make it in so it's Lizbeth White and Tropical Punch both size 40. Will be added to challenge when finished.

Next.....I started this awhile back and finally got it finished. It's an antique pattern from: http://antiquepatterns.dreamhosters.com/ButterickTattingNetting.pdf pg. 39 Tatted Rosette #8. And the center pieces are the "Small Square at the Top"(part of the pattern).



I took this last picture to try and show that I had to go and buy a larger ornament to fit this on because there was way too much slack on the ornaments I had, but then I had to stretch to fit and then finish tatting the last 5 center pieces right on the ornament(more than thankful that it's done!!!). This is a size 3 1/4" ornament. The thread is Lizbeth Christmas Delight size 20.
Thanks for all the wonderful comments on all my other posts! And keep on tatting because you all inspire me greatly! :)



6 comments:

Cindy said...

Beautiful color you've chosen for the doily - I knew that center looked familiar! Size 40 thread is a much better choice than the size 20 I did. I can't wait to see yours finished.

I haven't tried the ornaments yet, but I would like to. They seem a little intimidating to me - to get it to fit just right. I may have to fiddle with some of those - yours are very pretty.

Gwen said...

Hi Sue,
Love your doily and esp. the ornaments. I have not made any in awhile. Maybe next year I will get some done.
You have a very nice blog.

BSOTF said...

God's Kid,
Your doily is very elegant! Your christmas balls always are a joy to look at! Thanks for sharing them all with us!

ancolie said...

Beautiful works ! I Love your doily and the ornaments.
Bravo !
ancolie (France)

Fox said...

This doily is going to be very pretty, especially io
in these colours. I am inspired!

The covered ornaments - I am afraid to try these. Bought some balls last year and they were too small for the patterns I have and I never got around to trying again... One of these days!
Fox : ))

Agata ~ Cadrami said...

it's really beautiful!
have a nice day!
:)