Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Almost February already

I just had to tat around this beautiful 
chevron amethyst teardrop cabochon!
But I wanted to keep the tatting simple 
so that the stone would take center stage. 
This is for me(I wore it Sunday).  :)
I can't capture the gorgeous color, but I tried 
with 2 pictures.  I used Lizbeth Purple Dk. size 40 
and some white and crystal seed beads to mimic 
the white chevron stripes.  If you know chevron 
means zigzag(ok, that is my explanation) you 
might be wondering where the other part of the 
"V" shape is...well, the point is on the side under 
the tatting, and the other half of the "V" is on 
the back of the stone.  It's so beautiful!!
Oh, for those wondering about the weird chain, 
I just finger crocheted a basic crochet chain. 

If you are wondering about these stones I have 
been tatting around, our daughter is into "crystals"
(semi precious stones).  She gets all kinds and some 
in shapes.  
She gave me several for Christmas so I could tat 
around them. Oh, I forgot to get pictures of 2 other 
stones which I kept for myself to tat around, but you 
will be seeing them(one is orange, and one is brown).

I don't know all the names of the stones, but I know 
a few.  The first 2 teardrops are amethyst, the last 
teardrop is rose quartz.
Some are red jasper, some are tiger eye, and most I 
do not know.  I just know what is pretty to me, and 
what isn't, and many of these are not for me, but I 
know others will like them.  I just think the ones 
that are not for me are pretty cool!  ;)

She gave me these  below quite awhile ago with 
the agate slices I tatted around recently.

And here are the some shapes that I liked and kept. 
The elephant is a druzy elephant it has a small pocket 
of tiny crystals near it's back.  Then I have a clear 
quartz butterfly and very tiny angel, and my beautiful 
sparkly blue heart.
So, you will be seeing more tatting embellished stones 
this year amidst other projects. 
I hope you all have a fabulous tatting filled week!! :)
For those in the Tollway Tatters, this Saturday is our 
next get together.  I can't wait!! :)




 

5 comments:

muskaan said...

Wow, such a beautiful and inspiring array of stones 🌺❤️ Looking forward to your future tatting 😍

Jane McLellan said...

I love stones and am in awe of your collection! And the way you combine them with tatting. Just wonderful. I look forward to seeing more.

God's Kid said...

Thank you both so very much!!! :)

Margarets designer cards said...

Fabulous stones I look forward to seeing some wonderful work with them

God's Kid said...

Thank you Margaret!! :)