Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Not a lot of tatting, but some

I am still working on widening out the thinner end 
of the tablecloth to make the whole thing the same 
width and then continue.
Currently I am creating the open circle holes on 
each side.  It takes 2 motifs to create each one as 
the sides are now.  I don't have much to go to have 
both of the thinner sides equal again.  I tat 2-4 
motifs almost each night.
 Below you can see that when I finish getting these 
rows finished I will have 2 more rows on each side 
to have the whole thing the same width, and then, 
tons more work to get about another 2 feet on each 
side(just guessing).  ;)
 Today I finally put in some effort to making the chain 
for the pink shell necklace.  This might take some time, 
but I like the uniqueness of how it's turning out.
 Here's a closer-up view of the chain itself.
Well, that's the update for today.
Have a fabulous tatting rest of the week!! :)

10 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

I am thinking you must have bought one of those cones of thread in white for this lace tablecloth it is a real masterpiece and keep sake. And you got a great side job with fantastic color for a break from the white everything fantastic🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

muskaan said...

Your table cloth is so worth the effort!
Definitely unique and lovely chain :-)

God's Kid said...

Thank you both very much!!! :)
Madtatter80, yes, I bought a large ball of Aunt Lydia's white(it's cheap, but ok for this). I would prefer to use Lizbeth, but I couldn't afford it.

Jane McLellan said...

You're making steady progress, good for you! Love that chain. I saw a beaded chain on Pinterest, similar to this, that I mean to try one day.

God's Kid said...

Thank you Jane!!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

You are making wonderful progress!! I love the way your chain is working out for the necklace.

God's Kid said...

Thank you very much!!! :)

picotsnkeys said...

Wonderful progress. Keep at it!

Lavinia said...

The tablecloth is looking really good and you have already made so much progress. I can't wait to see it finished. The chain is very pretty too!

God's Kid said...

Thank you both!!! :)