Saturday, October 14, 2017

Personal challenge update

Ok, I finished # 14 of 24.
This is Christmas Bauble- with a floral band 2013 by 
Jennifer Williams tatted on a glass ornament which 
is approx. 3 inches across, and it's size 20 Lizbeth 
Snow White thread.
 I tatted the center band as the pattern says, then the 
top and bottom sections around the band, but it 
wasn't enough to stay on the ornament itself so, 
I tatted chains to the bottom section of 3-6-3 joining 
as I went around to draw it in.
 Then I pulled a string 
through the top picots and pulled tightly and tied 
it off and added a dab of glue, let it dry and cut 
the tail threads. 
 I would need to get 10 more ornaments done before 
Christmas to meet the challenge, but with so many 
things happening and a friend in the hospital for a 
month so far(I have to take care of his home and bills), 
I have resolved to call this enough for now, 
and continue to try.
I filled in the empty spaces with tatted 
Christmas Ice Drops. 
Below is the picture I am sending to the 
store which I bought the ornament stand 
from which requested a photo of it filled.
Maybe people will learn about tatting, and 
maybe they will sell lots of stands.
The store is Bronner's Christmas Store, link
It's a gray rainy day today.  I hope you 
are having a wonderful day!!! :)
Happy Tatting!!!!  :)

12 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Wow, your 'tree' looks spectacular! You've done a lot of baubles, especially as life has to go on.

God's Kid said...

Thank you Jane!!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Fabulous display! It's been quite a few years since Dave and I visited Bronner's. It was magical!

Sally Kerson said...

Lovely baubles. I have found that baubles come in so many shapes and sizes so that very often a pattern will not fit a particular one. Patterns often need a bit of adapting, a little frustrating but well done on doing that. Great display

God's Kid said...

Thank you both very much!!! :)

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely baubles and your tree looks wonderful

LibraryLady said...

What a lovely display! Your green ornament looks especially nice in front of the evergreen tree.

~Heidi

Cindy said...

Love your ornaments! For some reason I have a heck of a time with these and getting the tatting to fit the way I want it to. Nice work!

muskaan said...

Wow, Love the array !!!

God's Kid said...

Thank you all very, very much!!! :)
Cindy, I have trouble getting mine to fit too, especially at the end. When pulling tight, I worry that I will break the ornament in my hand.

picotsnkeys said...

I loved visiting Bronner's! And that's where I got bit by the angel bug. I still have yet to finish my tatted version of a machine made lace angel. I can't quite get the swirl effect of the skirt in the tatting. But, I'll keep trying. Thank you for sharing your stand full of joy!

God's Kid said...

Thank you so much picotsnkeys!!! :) I would love to see your angel when you get it done!!! :)