Thursday, August 1, 2013

2013 25 Motif Challenge #3 (have to hurry and get busy!)

I am making this a challenge piece since it was lots of practice on SSSR(single shuttle split rings).
There are 2 chains here. One is size 40 Lizbeth Lilac Dk.  and the other is size 40 Lizbeth Caribbean.  I tatted one chain, then the other chain and then wove them through each other.  It looks better on here than in real life.  It's too tiny for what I wanted.  I was hoping to make it a bracelet, but the detail isn't large enough for my liking(maybe if the threads were larger sizes, but I am not going to buy some just for a couple of bracelets right now).  Either way, I got some good practice in and I don't mind doing the SSSRs.  :)

9 comments:

** jess! ** said...

It looks like fun!

I don't mind SSSRs, but I don't particularly enjoy them.

Margarets designer cards said...

Well done, I have not tried a single spilt rings so I think you have done a good job.
Margaret

Madtatter80 said...

well it does look good to me,the picture is great! I know what you mean it's nice to have thread in different sizes though.

God's Kid said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments!! :)

Michelle said...

Mmm, looks pretty!

God's Kid said...

Thanks Michelle! :) It's scratchy in this smaller size thread so I think if I use a larger thread it would feel and look nicer. Plus, I have friends who are already asking for it so I may have to order the larger threads. Crazy!!!

Kristen said...

It looks really good! I reminds me of the false plaits I did a while ago--there was a way to join those that looked kind of like this. Have fun with the larger thread! I'm slowly weaning myself to the smaller sizes...

Jane McLellan said...

Pretty colours. I've done something similar with split rings, but not SSSRs, that's tricky!

God's Kid said...

Thanks Kristen! You are right, they are kinda like the false plaits you did. :)
Thanks Jane! Yes, this is similar to what you have done with split rings, but I was hoping not to have to use 2 shuttles so I tried the SSSRs, but to let you know, you have to make both "chains" of the SSSRs separately first, then slowly weave them together at the end. :)