Monday, January 10, 2011

2011: 25 Motif Challenge- Motif #1

Here is the butterfly I was working on last night. It's the Flat Butterfly from the book Christmas Angels and Other Tatting Patterns by Monica Hahn.
There are 2 small mistakes in the center small rings-I made them all the same size after doing 4 and noticing that the top and bottom ones are supposed to be larger than the side ones, but oh well. I like it. The thread is a hand dyed thread cotton crochet from Crochet4U2Dye4 size 20 and the color is Iris Bouquet. I fell in love with the color and I think it makes a lovely butterfly!



Same butterfly, different color backgrounds. Couldn't find one to show off the beauty, but thought I would share them all anyway. :)



5 comments:

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Hello Sue:

Great to see this new post, and especially this butterfly. I thought Monica Hahn did a great job designing it, and I tatted it many years ago in gold thread. I featured it in my Oct. 17, 2008 post.

You did a really nice job, and I'm also delighted how well HDTs and variegated threads look on butterflies in particular. And also, different backgrounds add to the effect!

You may be interested in checking out Gina's post today! She's working with the little triangle! I commented on her post and mentioned your name and your exciting experiments with it last October!

Suztats said...

oh, I like that thread, too, and your butterfly is so cute. I just purchased that book last fall, and I'm looking forward to tatting from it.

Tattips said...

Lovely butterfly and the color is very pretty!

Decoromana said...

I love this butterfly!!! Good job :)

Fox said...

What a beautiful butterfly! He just flies right off the screen!
Fox : )