Wednesday, December 22, 2010

25 #2 Motif # 20 Fancy Snowflake

When I first started tatting and was borrowing books from the library often, I had started this snowflake, but could not quite understand how to work it. I now know that it was because I had learned rings and chains, but knew nothing of working with bare threads which each point consists of. It's made with size 10 white thread and is about 6 inches across.

I wasn't sure about making any more large snowflakes until I realized that the fancy deluxe ornament hooks I bought didn't go well with the glass ornaments due to the colors of the beads on them, but they sure do dress up the larger snowflakes and will make some awesome gifts(next year)!


4 comments:

max said...

Great the snowflake and in white it is attractive, beautiful tatting

Tattingrid said...

So you finally finished your piece. Suppose you are a patient person, I usually throw things away if it does not work, frustration..? Anyway, it is a very nice ornament, but your hooks are REALLY GREAT! Never seen such hooks before: they are asking for some nice tatting!!!!!

Unknown said...

Awesome snowflake and ornament hooks!
Merry Christmas!
~TattingChic ♥

Fox said...

Beautiful snowflake!
Fox : )